S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

I just installed a1 Stove / Oven / Range Overlay and Clock

I just installed a1 Stove / Oven / Range Overlay and Clock (white) - 5760M289-60 (Whirlpool) in my Jen Air W132w. All seemed to work fine. I tested the oven by hitting bake and setting the temp at 300 degrees. The oven rose to temperature perfectly and at that point I hit cancel and it turned off. Surprisingly, after some time (30 mins) the fan came back on and the oven continued to rise in temperature, but the display just showed the clock and looked as if the oven was off. I turned on bake again and the temp was at 385. I hit cancel and the oven turned off and the fan stopped. Again after 30 mins the oven turned back on? Have you heard of this before, or do I need to exchange the oven control?
Chat Conversation Started
S.E.Thomas :

if you just replaced this and the wires are correct and nothing is shorted, yes you need to exchange this.

S.E.Thomas :

for some reason the relay contacts are sticking closed

JACUSTOMER-ty8ueprm- :

I replaced each wire as it was on the original board, but is a wiring diagram available to double check? Would you know which wire controls the relay contacts?

S.E.Thomas :

do you have the old part in front of you?

S.E.Thomas :

they should be marked on the board as L1, BA BR AND N

JACUSTOMER-ty8ueprm- :

Yes I have the old board with me and I see the L1, BA, BR, AND JU. I do not see N.

S.E.Thomas :

black is L1, then all you need to do is look at the wires that come from the bake and broil element, the one side of both go to the clock. the one from the BA goes to the bake element and the one from BR goes to the broil element. you other wire goes to the JU

S.E.Thomas :

BA is yellow

S.E.Thomas :

BR is purple

JACUSTOMER-ty8ueprm- :

Let me check that out, and I will let you know if I wired it correctly.

S.E.Thomas :

there should be one marked N or GND and that is the white

JACUSTOMER-ty8ueprm- :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX looking at the connections now

S.E.Thomas :

ok. if this is all correct then the board is just not working correctly

S.E.Thomas :

your welcome