Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

How do I replace a drying damper in an electrolux dishwasher

How do I replace a drying damper in an electrolux dishwasher model #EWDW6505G50? It is 6 months out of warranty and this is my third issue. Going to try it myself this time...thanks!
The drying vent sits on top of the dishwasher in the right rear corner. The dishwasher will need pulled forward to expose it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Once pulled forward, is there anything special I need to do to replace the damper? It looks like it just twists in and needs an electrical connector attached. ANything more to it than that? Also, what do I need to do to pull the dishwasher forward? Where are the screws? Thanks...
Nothing special to replace the damper. Just twists, yes. The screws should be on the underside of the counter top.