Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

DLG5899W dryer finished drying a load a few minutes ago and

DLG5899W dryer finished drying a load a few minutes ago and shut off, but I hear sounds like running water in the machine. What is going on? I've never heard this before.

do you smell gas?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I don't smell gas or anything else. All the lights are off on the dryer, and it makes no sounds except the sounds of running water. Not long after I sent you my question the sounds were reduced and now they have stopped altogether. The dryer is silent. But I still can't understand why a dryer, which doesn't use water, should produce sounds of running water.

The dryer seems OK now, but I haven't tried to use it again.
check you vent hose in the back ,take it completely off the dryer is there water in it,?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, but I'm unable to get to the back of the dryer. It's installed in a very narrow space, and I'm not strong enough to pull it out and examine the hose. What do you think I might find there?

I think the water is the hose, the moisture from the dryer collects it the hose and runs back down and thats what you heard, you need to get someone out to clear the vent system, there is no running water in a dryer so thats all It could be , we see this a lot, thanks Bryan