Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

how do i remove and replace the oven door for a GE monogram

Customer Question

how do i remove and replace the oven door for a GE monogram 30inch wall oven model zet857?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
If you are experiencing delays.Please check that any open or past Accept files have been processed.This will secure a more rapid answer response..Open the hinge by hand..You will see either a small hole or a tab that locks the hinge..If there is a small hole..Take a small nail...Open the hing then set the nail in the hole..This will allow the hinge to stay open...If there is a tab..Open the hinge flip the tab over..Install door..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there are no holes on the hinges

but i found that the locks extend up from the hinges and lock the hinges 90 degrees dfrom the oven

now

the door will not slide back onto the hinges and it gets stuck after about 3 inches

and also will not slid on when releasing hige loks and trying to install door abour 80 degrees vertical

there are also a metal screw at the end of each hinge seated in a small screwin housing

the hinges are in the oven and somehow must slide into the narrow slits on both sides of the door

Ok you have the locking tabs locked..The hinges do slide into the door...you have to align the slots in the door with the hinges..Then open the door all the way and release the locks(tabs)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the door only slides about 3inches into the slots then hangs-up / meets stiff resistence

and will not proceed further

so that when the door closes after the lock tabs are released - the door is not fully seated the length of the hinges and therefore will not close as designed

what is causing this resistance at about 3 inches into the slots as the door slid off smoothly

The door should slide back on just as easy as it came off...Make sure you are installing the door on the hinges evenly..Take a flashlight and shine it into the door slot..this will give you a good idea of how the hinges slide back in..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

here is what worked

there was resistance at 3 inches

but

when i angled the door at 45 degrees it slid nicely and fully into the slots

no forcing and no resistance there

so you were on the right track/slot and didnt give up on my naievete

if you were here it would likely have been very easy for you

since it was my first time - it was a oven door learning experience

so thanks for your help

Yes im sure i would have been able to...Glad you have it reinstalled...Also once you use the accept option if you have time please stop by and leave some feedback for me...Thanks Bob