SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Hello, I have a subzero blinking the error codes 30, 40, 02,

Hello, I have a subzero blinking the error codes 30, 40, 02, 50, 24...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. How old is the unit and do you have a bell on/off button on the display?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The error codes you have are for excessive refer and freezer compressor run time and poor defrost. Does the wall between the two compartments feel hot? How long ago did you last clean the condenser? Let me know what you find I'm sure I can help. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-an5xb27c- :

The wall between the freezer and fridge does not feel hot. The condensor was cleaned 6 months ago (by vacuum by us) and does not look bad right now. Our ice maker went bad 6 months ago and was finally recently fixed, then this showed up

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

How are the temps in the refer and freezer? Is the ice maker working currently? Do you have any amount of frost or ice on the back wall of the refer?

JACUSTOMER-an5xb27c- :

No ice on the back of the refer. Temp refer 37, freez 2. Ice maker working

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

It sounds like the unit is running fine but the board is displaying almost every error code. Do you have a bell on/off button?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If you have the button you can reset the board by holding it for about 10 seconds. If the codes return even after a reset then the next thing to check is the gas pressure at the compressors and see if you have a sealed system problem.

JACUSTOMER-an5xb27c- :

I pressed the button and cleared the "service" off of the board. I guess I wait to see if they come back!

JACUSTOMER-an5xb27c- :

My freezer is pretty full... should I try and lighten its load?

JACUSTOMER-an5xb27c- :

Error Code 50 is back already

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

EC 50 is refrigerator run time to long. You will need to check the pressure to confirm but I suspect you have a freon leak. The pressure on the compressor low side should be about 10 psi. Of course most consumers don't have pressure gages, so you may need to call the repairman back. this would be unrelated to the ice maker repair you just had. If you do have a leak, those parts are covered by a 12 yr warranty so make sure you deal with an authorized repair company.

JACUSTOMER-an5xb27c- :

Thanks... i will call on Monday! (if you think that is soon enough)