Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

We have just purchased a brand new front load samsung washer.

Customer Question

We have just purchased a brand new front load samsung washer. Two delivery men/installers came buy and helped my wife hook it up and then when she asked them to test it as agreed to by our sales person they reluctantly tested it. First thing that happened was that the machine turned on and showed the message "water level sensor problem" Samsung 800 line says phone the store. Store says we need to phone service. Its friday so it's hard to get service around on this. The machine is locked so we can't even open it up to get to the manual. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 4 years ago.
If you are experiencing delays.Please check that any open or past Accept files have been processed.This will secure a more rapid answer response.First try disconnecting power wait 30 minutes..Plug back in....I would not even try to fix it yourself...As this will void the warranty..I would call the sales person and demand a new unit...As you do not want a fixed unit...Obviously there is a problem right from the start..If possible i would get your money back then purchase a Whirlpool ..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this. I'm not going to accept this answer because I was looking for someone with some specific technical knowledge on this specific error code. Your advice to return the machine is appreciated but a conclusion we don't need a trained washing machine technician to come to.

Thanks again.
You indicated the water level switch as the problem..If you want to fix the washer then you would need to remove the top cover...The pressure switch is located at the top right side of washer..Check the hose for any cracks or possibly disconnected from the switch...I can sure walk you through the repair ...And just did instruct you what to do first...But like i said if you try to repair the washer yourself then it will void the warranty...Wither or not you do not agree with my answer ..Its fact...You needed a train tech to rule out all magical possibilities that your new washer was going to be back up and running without having to deal with taking the unit back or repairs...Seen it to many times...Not gonna happen.....Glad i could help...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bob,

Don't disagree with your answer but was willing to pay $37 for a solution to my problem on the spot. Because the machine was brand new I suspected that the issue did not require a repair but was an error code that could be reset or something. I have no intention of 'repairing' the washer and we have arranged to exchange the washer. My urgency was high yesterday and like I say, an immediate solution would have been worth $37. Thanks again but I will not accept your answer.
You agree with my answer but do not feel you should pay what you agreed to pay....? I don't understand..?..You were given facts regarding your question...Again we can only go by what you tell us...In no way did you convey to me that you thought the unit needed reseting....."Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance."...Im confused here...?