Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Our Bosch Shu5316UC runs for about 4 hours, no matter what

Our Bosch Shu5316UC runs for about 4 hours, no matter what setting we put it on. Any suggestions for correcting this?

Hi the problem here is going to be the soil sensor. What happens is the sensor checks how clean the water is, If the water is still dirty it adds time to the wash. In this case the soil sensor is bad and indefinite time is being added to the wash cycle. The soil sensor is attached to the pump under the machine. To remedy this problem pull the unit out from under the counter and replace the soil sensor. Click HERE to order the replacement sensor. Mike