Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hi, my oven quit working, but the stove and broiler still work.

Customer Question

Hi, my oven quit working, but the stove and broiler still work. It happened once before, and we pulled out the drawer and messed around underneith, put the drawer back and it worked again. We tried that, but no luck this time. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi can you give me a model number please? gas or electric?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Gas, e model # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok the problem here will be the igniter. To check this remove the floor of the oven and the flame spreader. Then set the oven to 350f, The igniter should glow after a few seconds. If the igniter does not glow then test it with an ohms meter, if it reads open you should replace it. If the igniter does glow it's still likely it's bad. A good igniter will glow bright yellow to the point where you cant look at it. If the igniter glows yellow/orange then it's bad and should be replaced.

Since the broiler works this rules out the valve. If you have any questions please ask. If you have no further questions please feel free to hit the accept button. Thanks....Mike