John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washer has no power

Customer Question

My washer has no power
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

What is the model number of the washer please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
CAP 2761EWO
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Whirlpool-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-CAP2761EW0/1198/0153100?searchedModel=cap2761ewo&blt=11

It could be the switch in the coin box or the micro computer in the control panel you need a meter to check these two parts to see if their getting power.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks

I'll check it out and get back to you.

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I would check the small switch in the coin box first.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I should tell you that the machine is not in my house. It's at another property that I own.

I went there to try your ideas. I tried to check the coin switch. I couldn't get at it and I didn't have a tool to loosen the coin mechanism. I opened the control panel. I checked the power at the other end of the cord it was good. How do I check the micro computor?

Which wires do I put my leads on? I feel that it's not the coin switch. In standby mode the digital price lights up. It is not lit up. Since I last talked to you my motor scooter was stolen ; my machine keys were in it. Now I have no keys to open the coin box, or the lock on top of the coin switch? Any ideas short of drilling out the locks.I plan to go back to my ailing washer tomorrow. It's 8:00 pm now. Talk to you soon.

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Sorry to hear about the scooter, there is a tech sheet in the washer with a wiring diagram but its located in the coin box part.I cant download on for that washer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Please give me an idea.

Where do I look? How can I get the information that I need? If you were the service man what would you do? What about the coin switch; can I rule that out? Are we zero-ing in on the micro computor?

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I would check power at the micro computer check to see if you have any power to the console theres a few boards in there to check but without the wiring diagram its hard to say which one .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I want to talk to another expert.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I appear to have no power. All the digital information doesn't light up(no price). I have power coming to the end power cord inside the control panel. Another expert thought it might be the coin switch or the micro-computer. He said without a wiring diagram it's hard to tell which one. From what I can see , there is only one micro-computer. Also when I look at the parts list for the control panel it shows only one. Would it be safe to say that it must be the micro-computer?

Also my motor scooter was stolen yesterday and the keys to the machine were in it. Have you any ideas how I can get into the washing machine short of drilling the locks?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.