Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a 9 year old Kenmore Elite 210 series top load washer.

I have a 9 year old Kenmore Elite 210 series top load washer. About 6 months ago I noticed pieces of wet seal-like material in some of the loads and now I'm getting grease stains on some clothes and the machine is very loud when it's washing. I've had an independent appliance repairman tell me it's a seal that cannot be replaced so I'd like a second opinion. Do I pay for an expensive repair or just go ahead and bite the bullet and buy something new?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I'm Larry and here to try to help you with your problem today so please say on line ,, it may be only a few minutes before i can help

may i have the complete model number please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Larry - sorry for the delayed reply. It's 110.21086
let me look the washer over and get right back to you / thanks
i just looked at it and i know this one very well, you will have to replace the wash plate and U-joint asm to fix it and the wash plate is part number 285903 which cost about $75 and the U-joint asm is part number 285927 and cost about $170 and i cant tell you if to replace the parts or the washer and these have a lot of problems doing this and it will do it again and if it was me i would replace the washer and hope i don't make you mad saying but these washer are in my opinion a piece of junk but i cant tell you what to do with your own washer but you can get these at a local appliance parts dealer near you