Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Whirlpool Accubake System Super Capacity 465 Keep getting

Whirlpool Accubake System
Super Capacity 465

Keep getting a EO F5 or E1 F5 message, and beeping won't stop.
Truned electricity off, reconnectd, and still same thing.

If I set bake or broil, this gets overridden by these messages.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tim Alan :

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you with this

Customer :

OK. I see a lot of comments about this very thing on the whirlpool website so I guess it is a common problem with the oven.

Tim Alan :

an eo fl is an electronc control failure yes it is

Customer :

OK. Can I correct with your instructions, and how much will it cost for your advice.

Tim Alan :

clarify the actual fault is it an eo f1 or eo f5

Tim Alan :

have you used the self clean feature lately

Customer :

EO F5

Customer :

Yes.

Customer :

That's when this issue came up.

Tim Alan :

ok is thje door locked now

Customer :

No

Tim Alan :

either unplug the unit or turn the breaker off for 5 minutes

Customer :

I have done that twice already. When I rconnect, the problem persists

Tim Alan :

chances are the latch assy is bad they make it out of plastic and it melts

Tim Alan :

try it one more time and put it into a self clean and see if the door locks

Customer :

Latch assy? Don't understand.

Customer :

I have tried to start self clean and it is overridden by the error EO and F5.

Tim Alan :

door lock/latch it locks the door in self clean

Customer :

The door had come off and it was re-installed again, but the problem was there before this happened.

Tim Alan :

ok on your control pick any button and hold it down for 1 minute see what it does

Customer :

I will go and try this, but I have tried it before..

Customer :

Did it twice, once holding down bake button. message stayed. When I pressed start, it showed pre cycle, but then turned to E1 F5.

Tim Alan :

ok you have a bad self clean latch that fault will not go away until that part is replaced if you could give me the complete model number I will look up the part for you

Customer :

The full description is Accubake System, Super Capacity 465

Tim Alan :

model number open the door its either on one of the sides or the very bottom

Tim Alan :

that description covers a wide range of models

Customer :

There are two labels on the door, both burned so that nothing can be made out.

Customer :

The oven is a bit hot, seems the self clean was on?

Tim Alan :

hit the cancel button

Customer :

Did.

Customer :

Nothing happens for one minute, then the same things happens: message E1 F5 comes on.

Tim Alan :

ok no tag can't look up the exact part then common problem on a lot of whirlpool is the self clean feature the temp. actually rises to 950 deg to burn everything off and then bam it creates this exact problem the latch melts and needs to be replaced for the unit to operate again

Customer :

So more or less what would the part and installation cost me? This is an 18 year old appliance I just inherited with my house.

Tim Alan :

your owners manual may have the model number written it but most don't contain the whole number you may have to go back to were you bought it for that information the part ranges between 75-150 and the labor around 120-150 if its 18 you may want to consider replacing it

Customer :

I think that is what I will do. Yes, for sure I will just get a replacement

Tim Alan :

ok don't forget to press the accept button and leave a comment thank you and have a good day!

Customer :

Sure will. Thank you.

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service