The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I removed the big rubber thing in the drain to clean it and

I removed the big rubber thing in the drain to clean it and inside the disposer I found a black rubber thing. It has a rectangular funnel part and a tab and a rectangular hole. It appears to be made of the same material as the big rubber thing that covers the drain. Since I found it, my dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes, but I can't imagine how it could have been a part of my dishwasher. If there is a diagram of the disposer somewhere, perhaps I can find out where this part goes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.

I will need the model number of your unit, please.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Evolution Pro Excel is all I have.
There should be a model number on the manufacturers lable on the unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Of course it was on the back. Had to take a photo to get it. XXXXXXXXXXX

Im sorry but our site security Xed out the model number. Please repost it with spaces between the numbers.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
0 9 0 6 1 5 7 9 1 9 5

I looked up your model number at the insinkerator web site but there is no parts diagrams as your unit is still under the 7 year warrenty.

As long as the splash guard is in place at the top of the unit then just remove the one inside of it.

So long as there is a splash guard in place you should be ok.

As to why your dishwasher isnt drying the dishes it probably has a problemn with the heating element at the bottom of the unit.

Please let me know if you require further information, or assistance.

If not, please click on accept.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The dishwasher didn't start doing this until the unknown part appeared. It seems to still have more water in it as if some of it is flowing back into it, instead of it pumping out and going down the drain. It is less that a year old as well and is a GE Cafe. Could the mystery part come from the dishwasher?
Only if it is smaller than 1 1/4" diameter. That is the size of the inlet for the dishwasher.
Experience: 30 years repairing appliances