Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

My Ge model #wjsr4160g2ww was stopped agitating or spinning,

Customer Question

My Ge model #wjsr4160g2ww was stopped agitating or spinning, it will fill and drain. We openned it up and found the belt off and shredded. We replaced the belt but it still will not agitate or spin. We noticed in the postings below that we should next check the lid switch...it is working fine. Next we checked the fusable link and found it to be open (no continuity). The post below says to replace it (that there should be extras located inside the control panel or inside the cabinent...but there are none. How do we replace this if there are no extras...and what amp is the fusable link.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. So, when it fills with water does it at least move through the cycle but just doesn't agitate? Does the timer move as normal?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes! It does!
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Okay, I don't know who said any extras about the fusible link but there are none. What you need to do is order the kit for the fusible link and it comes complete with all the parts necessary to replace it and even has instructions. The GE part number for the link is

#WH49X10055. I have found it at 2 different place and including shipping and handling will be about $15. you can also order it at any reputable appliance parts store and forego the S&H. I am sending you a diagram so you know what the link looks like and the cheapest place I have found it online is RepairClinic.com. There it costs $8.55 plus S&H. Hope this helps and I am here for further assistance. Thank you

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have jumpered the fusable link for test only and the machine is now working. But now I have a green LED light flashing 4 times on the motor. I this normal/OK? Thanks for your help thus far!

Also, will a 10 amp automotive fuse work instead of a 1o amp fusable link?

Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Good job but you definitely need to replace that fusible link to protect the motor. Yes a 10amp fuse will work as long as it is rated for at least a 10 amp 120vac. The green led is suppose to be flashing also. Good questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is the green LED supposed to be flashing as: 4 flashes, pause, 4 flashes, pause...?
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Sorry about the delay, lunch break. Yes the green light is doing its job.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm going to get the part from the appliance parts place now...can I still contact you when I get back if I have more questions about instillation and any problems I may encounter after I install the fusable link?

Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Okay, but wait. I was talking about a different washer. The green lights do indicate a problem with your mode shifter. Let me send you a link and it will explain the lights on the motor inverter board. This is probably what caused the belt to shred and blew your link. This also tells you how to reset the board which is all you may need to do.

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2009/11/10/ge-hydrowave-top-loading-washer-wont-run/

Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much for the help. It is nice to work with such professionals. I am recommending to all my friends NOT to buy this machine!!! Is this machine the bottom of line or is there anything out there possibly made any more cheap than this one???!!! Again, thanks for all your help!
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Thank you and with GE you are paying for a Cadillac and get a pinto. GE is not what they use to be. If I were looking for appliances nowadays I would look at either Whirlpool or Kitchenaid. Again thanks and you were great.