The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

Have a Bosch washing machine model WFK2401UC... fabric softener

Customer Question

Have a Bosch washing machine model WFK2401UC... fabric softener dispenser in not emptying.. any suggestions??

You can call me at(NNN) NNN-NNNNnow. I'm in front of the machine. The dispenser is almost full to the top with fabric softener. The other dispenser works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Forry :

Hi, Can you please remove the soap box from the machine by pulling out halfway and pressing the internal tab to aid removal. Thanks David.(FORRY) Waiting by.

JACUSTOMER-yrr7tk7l- :

can't do it this moment.. but please continue on what needs to be done

JACUSTOMER-yrr7tk7l- :

hello.. are you still there

Forry :

Once removed please empty the comfort section and then thouroughly clean the whole soap box. The comfort max level should always be adhered to as the comfort is taken in using capillary traction. Explained this means that once filled with comfort to no more than the max setting, as the cycle reaches the comfort rinse, the comfort compartment is topped up with water which in turn starts the capillary traction motion by sucking up the comfort and down the holed tube. You can test this by using water over the sink. Fill with water to the max level (No more) and holding the soap tray level slowly top up the comfort compartment with a little water. This will or should start the action and keep holding level as you see all the water drain out. If this works on your test then the comfort compartment is not getting topped at the comfort part of the cycle. Reasons for this can be a blocked fill hole on the inside top of the soap box housing. If so clean down with toothbrush or the like. Next maybe it is a faulty comfort water inlet valve. If so replace with new valve or come back to me for testing and fitting guidance.(FORRY)

JACUSTOMER-yrr7tk7l- :

ok will try this.. will update you when i have results.

JACUSTOMER-yrr7tk7l- :

sorry it took so long to get back to you... did most everything above.. cleaned soap box thoroughly. Can you detail instructions on how to clean or replace the water INLET valve, where it is located inside the machine, etc. thanks.