Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a tappan gas range model 30-3053-00/02 serial vf44507164

Customer Question

I have a tappan gas range model 30-3053-00/02 serial vf44507164 and the oven door all of a sudden doesn't close all the way. How do I get to the hinges on the inside of the side walls, I can't figure out how to get the panels off to get at the hinges. My e-mail [email protected], phone XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Thank you

Larry Neuman
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
If you are experiencing delays.Please check that any open or past Accept files have been processed.This will secure a more rapid answer response.

Pull the unit out...Remove each side panel (left / right)to access the hinge....Also once you use the accept option today please stop by and leave some feedback ...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i get the side panels off
Once you pull the unit out...There will be screws along the back and side panels...Remove those screws then remove the panel...Unfortunately the unit needs to be pulled out all the way...You are right on track as to what the problem is..Replace the hinges and you will be ok...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are there screws along the top of the panels
The panels are flat on the sides..Have a bend on the back...Remove the screws at the back and front side...Remove the panel..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the side panels are not flat on the sides, they are u shaped and will not pull out, i have the screws out on one side and they do not move
Open the door..Remove the screws along the front sides..Pull the panel out..
On that unit the panel also wraps around the bottom...Pull the drawer out..Remove the screws along the bottom inside..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the panel will not move, on the back side of the left panel there is an electrial box with wires running to it, i have all the csrews out on the front and i can;t get the panel to move at all, if i look under the stove top i can see screws on the top side of the panel also?
If you look at the diagram # XXXXX is the panel..There is a rail on bottom ..Two sides to where the screws are screwed into...

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here