Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer with 6th sense technology

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer with 6th sense technology purchased 12/2007. The problem I am having is that no matter what cycle I try to use it on, it stops and flashes an F1 code.The trouble shooting guide says to press Pause/Cancel to clear the code and press Start. If I do this 3 to 4 times in a row, the machine continues on sometimes to finish and sometimes I have to repeat the same to get it to finish the cycle. The model # XXXXX the washer is WTW6600SB, serial # XXXXX How can I fix it myself? Thanks, Larry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi the meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below. In a nutshell unfortunately the control board has suffered a fatal error and will need to be replaced. Click HERE to order the part. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike

Primary Control Failure
F then 1 flashes when there is a primary control failure.
Replace the machine control.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike- Thanks for your help. Is this something I should be able to replace fairly easily myself. I'm pretty good with mechanics. Larry
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi Larry, yes this is fairly easy. Access the control panel, then it's just a matter of switching wire harness and a couple screws. Mike