Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I just installed a new GE Board direct from GE for my refrigerator

Customer Question

I just installed a new GE Board direct from GE for my refrigerator Model No. GDL20KCSABS. After installing it I can hear the compressor motor appears to be 'humming' away but the fans do not seem to work as after having waited for more than an hour & a half there is no cooling inside the refrigerator section! What can I do to check and troubleshoot and make it working again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
If you are experiencing delays.Please check that any open or past Accept files have been processed.This will secure a more rapid answer response.Sounds like your fan motor is faulty...If the compressor is running and the fridge is n not cooling then most likely you have a leak in the sealed system or the compressor is faulty...I would first make sure the compressor is being cooled...You can take a small fan and point at the compressor...If you still do not get cooling then you have a sealed system problem ..Which is a expensive fix..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I don't need your help
I dont understand...You were given the details on your fix...This is your problem..I know it might not be what you wanted to hear but it is fact...Also once you use the accept option today stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you....Bob

Edited by MasterTech on 10/1/2010 at 5:38 PM EST