Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag bravos washer which is about 3 years old.

I have a maytag bravos washer which is about 3 years old. We live in St Thomas VI and rent our house part time. When I arrived on island this time and went to use the machine it starts filling and when the lid lock goes on it stops and a code that says F1 comes on. I have to push pause/cancel button about 4 or 5 different times and then it will run until it comes to the rinse cycle and then the F1 button comes on again. I had a repair guy come yesterday and he could not fix it. Says he needs the wiring diagram which I do not have. Could you please help? It is a MTW6600TB0. Thanks for you help
ok so F1 is a very common error and a very costly error unfortunately. F1 means that your relay control board under the top console has detected an internal short in the board itself. The only thing you can do to fix the problem is to replace the part and the warranty on the part is only 1 year so you'd need to pay for the repair. Below is a link to the part that needs to be ordered and replace, it's about $180.