Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Asko dishwasher model 1325 drain pump wont stop

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
This means that there is water in the base pan below the dishwasher. You'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to have al the water drain out of the base pan. Once the water is drained out it will start to work again like normal and not draining all the time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I don't think so. The pump is running dry - no water is going down the drain, I could hear it if it was.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I understand it's running dry, because there is water in the BASE PAN below the tub. It's a food mode feature built into the unit. It will do nothing but drain constantly to make sure that water doesn't flood onto the floor.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want you to get a laugh out of this - as well as your bonus of course.

My brother & I took the panel off the bottom front of the DW to see if there was water in the base pan - there wasn't.

I started the DW (hasn't been run since it stopped working in early June) - we could hear the pump run then it called for water and my brother said it sounded like the water line was turned off. I said no, we hadn't turned it off. I showed him where the valve is and we found it was indeed turned off.

Mr. Fixit (my husband) had turned it off while working on something else under the kitchen sink and completely forgot he'd turned it off. Wa La! My DW is running like a top.

Fortunately for Mr. Fixit, he's a superb cook, so we'll keep him around :-)

Thank you for sending us down the rabbit trail that got the problem fixed. I'm sure the advice you gave was completely appropriate for the situation in the absence of the "stupid factor."

Thanks again!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
awesome. I'm glad you got it working again. Sounds like it was trying to wash, not drain but it just didn't have water.