Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

we have a Maytag series 300 dishwasher about two years old.

we have a Maytag series 300 dishwasher about two years old. when we push the start button, nothing happens. the lights come on, but then go off. we looked inside to see if anything is stuck. nothing. if just will not start

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am at work and do not have model number. i can run home, but may take about half hour to hour
you can get back to me when you get home from work if you wish, Ill be off and on all day until around 8pm.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there are a few number here. it is a Quiet Series 300. MD88601AWW and another number 10048294LX. i hear some models of Maytag are being recalled because of a fire hazard? another number is XXXXX type 777-0
ok got it. I have to go off line for a bit, need to do a system restore on my computer , having some issues, I'll be back after that and see what I can find out for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok where is this green accept button
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan. i called the 800 number to Maytag. it is a recall dishwasher. our option is to have maytag repair free of charge or get a new one with a $150 or $250 rebate. we are deciding. thanks for your help.

sorry my computer was worse than I thought , just got it back on line. if you get a new one take into account it needs to be installed and you will have to pay for that unless you do it yourself, I would mention that to Maytag who's going to pay for the install. thanks Bryan