Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool top loading washer. Only identification

I have a whirlpool top loading washer. Only identification I can readily find is probably a serial number (WTW55218Q0). Yesterday the Load Size selector became stuck in the Extra Small position. It is a rotary selector that would normally twist clockwise to the other positions but will not budge at the moment. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Eric Mikkelsen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

that is the model # XXXXX are talking about the water level control correct?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok well the model # XXXXX gave me comes up with different models, open the lid and look in the back of the lid opening there will be a tag with the model # XXXXX of the one you gave me is correct but something in the numbers is wrong, want to bring up your correct model.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Try this: WTW5521SQ0
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
bingo! you will need to replace this,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
its the water level control, click this blue link to order it, 1198/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=WTW5521SQ0&subCompDesc=Controls%20and%20rear%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11 its part # XXXXX in case you can get it locally, hope this helps. thanks Bryan