Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.

I have a Maytag fridge M/N MSD2756GEW. Just recently the

I have a Maytag fridge M/N MSD2756GEW. Just recently the refrigerator started getting warm. We lowered the t-stat to get it colder. No luck, and now the frezzer is warming up. I no longer feel any air flow in the refrigerator side. What am I possibly looking at as a fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter.

With no air flow to the refrigerator side check the fan motor is the freezer and see if it is running. If the fan is running the check if there is ice build up on the back wall of the freezer. If there is ice build up then the automatic defrost is not operating and obstructing the air flow to the refrigerator and to the upper part of the freezer. You will need to remove the lower back panel of the freezer and check the heater and thermostat (a small round disc clipped to the top of the evaporator) and see if both have continuity. If they have continuity then you have a defective defrost control which is located in the right rear corner behind the temperature controls in the refrigerator.

You may send further questions directly to me.

Please push the green accept button.

Thank you,