Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a Maytag EPIC z ( front loader ) washer. I press power

Customer Question

i have a Maytag EPIC z ( front loader ) washer. I press power on set the cycle press the start button and the power turns off. I repete the process does the same.???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
When this happens, it means that you r motor control board is shorted. The first thing the unit does when you press the start button is it check the reading on the motor control board to make sure the tub isn't moving and then starts to fill. If the motor control board doesn't give off a good reading, it will shut the power off. You'll need to order the replace the motor control board to correct the issue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i only had this machine for less than a year. got it from conns. is this under manufactor warranty?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
if it's less than a year old, then yes, it's still under warranty so you'll want to call Whirlpool (they own Maytag) and tell them you need your unit repaired under warranty and they'll send someone out.