Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer wont stop beeping. It appears

My Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer won't stop beeping. It appears the water temp button is stuck. Also getting a F2 error. Washer has also spontaneously started.
I have unplugged it -- its the only way to stop the beeping.

What part needs to be replaced - so I can order it and fix it myself.

I've already replaced the water pump myself. And the washer basket / bearings were replaced last year. (what a piece of junk for a washer purchased in '06)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Larry and here to try to help you with your problem today so please say on line ,, it may be only a few minutes before i can help

The F2 code on the Kenmore 110.27072603 has nothing to do with the drain system. Instead, it indicates a problem with either of the control board and the user interface board. Run the console and indicators diagnostic test mode to find out.

Console and Indicators Diagnostic Test Mode Activation
  1. While in standby mode press the following button sequence within four seconds: SOIL LEVEL>WASH RINSE TEMP>SOIL LEVEL>WASH RINSE TEMP
  2. Press START within five seconds when "dt" shows on the display. All indicators in display are lit and "88" is displayed.
  3. Press START again. The two-digit display and the status indicators turn off while all other indicators remain lit.
  4. Press START again. The two-digit display and the status indicators turn on while all other indicators remain lit.
  5. Rotate the WASH CYCLE selector back and forth. The indicators will switch on an off.
  6. Press the buttons to check the functions. The indicators switch on and off and a beeping sound will be heard when a button is pressed.
  7. Press STOP or POWER button to exit diagnostic test mode.
  8. If no indicators light up or if no beeping sound is heard when a button is pressed or if some buttons do not light up indicators when pressed, check the control board, the user interface board, and the connection between them.
  • Unplug the machine.
  • Remove the three screws on the back of the console.
  • Lift the console off the cabinet.
  • The control board is located on the right side of the console viewed from the front of the machine. Disconnect the middle wiring harness connector on the right side of the control board near the pressure transducer hose.
  • Clean the connector and the terminals thoroughly with brush and alcohol.
  • Reconnect and disconnect the connector several times.
  • Reinstall the console and reconnect power.
  • If the problem is not resolved, replace the user interface board.
  • If the problem is still not resolved with the replacement of the user interface board, replace the control board. You may also replace both board at the same time and keep the old good board as a spare.

Reply

Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service