Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a ultra fresh frig.it will just stop cooling and defrost

I have a ultra fresh frig.it will just stop cooling and defrost to a warm temp.open door and find that on frig and freezer and next day both sides will be cold again like it should.it comes and goes.like compressor goes inop
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.

Please look in the fresh food section near the top for the model/serial sticker.
Could you post the model number?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sk1627370      mod-10659592990
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Have you ever heard a click and a hum come from the rear?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not really--1 day all is perfect next day no cool--and so on.have not noticed any click or hum
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
There is a reason I asked that question. I have replaced a lot of compressor relays on this model. Its not difficult and its not expensive. Usually they just fail without ever operating again. You do not have to unplug or defrost it to get it to restart?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no it restarts on its own
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Ok let me check for a couple of other things real quick.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Well your compressor does not have that relay. However you do have a board that goes out and can become intermittent. What it will do is just totally shut the unit down, no fan no nothing,, just lights. Is that what it is doing?

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i think i hear something on --not sure--it has been coupl of weeks since i unplugged it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i just plugged it in ==lights came on and fan came on--fan went off after couple of seconds
and came back on when i pushed it back to the wall and it bumped-lights stayed on while time
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Its an intermittent problem and there is not a test for it. This is what I would do.

I would locate the part somewhere nearby so I would know where it is when I needed it.

It is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand one place online that has it is HERE. Its a small circuit board and it is number 6 in the drawing. It is in the fresh food section at the top and the assembly comes apart just like the drawing shows. Its not too difficult.

Barry

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.