servicegeek
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.
47503688

My brand new Bosch dishwasher just installed turns on and makes

My brand new Bosch dishwasher just installed turns on and makes noise, but no water comes in.

The guy who installed it took the water hoses off and ran water through them, and they were not clogged.

He checked out the valves and connections.

The thing is brand new. Being that Bosch is a quality company, I am thinking maybe my installer just doesn't know what he is doing.

What would cause the water not to enter the dishwasher? And of course, the "spinners" don't spin either, since there is no water to propel them.

I had a dishwasher before...no problem.
Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 3 years ago.
Hey i will try to help you.It sounds like the unit doesn't have any water pressure going to it. You need to turn the water off and disconnect the water line and put it in a bucket and turn the water on and see how much comes out. If no water is coming out of the supply line you need to figure out where the water is shut off at. If it does have water pressure you need to get in touch with bosch and set up for a technician to come out and look at it. The dishwasher has a one year warranty from bosch. Hope this helps and please remember to click accept.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We disconnected the water lines from the dishwasher and checked the water lines, and the water was coming out fine. There is water in the line; that is not an issue. There was a dishwasher there before that worked fine.

Here is the problem. We have water, but when we turn on the dishwasher, the motor hums but no water enters the dishwasher.

this is a brand new dishwasher.

Well you need to check and see if the water valve is getting 120 volts or if there is a loose wire on the valve. If this is the model that has a float switch you need to check it also and make sure it is not tripped. If you cant figure it out ,you might want to call bosch and have a technician come out and look at it. It would be under a warranty.Hope this helps and remember to click accept
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.