Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Range 790.79013. We just installed

I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Range 790.79013. We just installed it after a remodel. The oven does not start. I looked in the manual and tried setting the time of day on the clock, but that did not fix the problem. I looked online and saw advice on finding a reset button. Is there a reset button for this button, and if so where is it located? Could it be the igniter? I live on an island and the car ferry will be down for maintenance, so I may not be able to get a technician out here soon. Thanks, -Stella
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
does the cooktop still work? Just the oven itself isn't working?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, the cooktop works.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok and have you tried broil? Do broil and bake both not work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've tried Broil, Bake, Convection, Preheat and Clean. There seems to be a tiny bit of heat coming from the stove. It may just be from the light. There is an orange glow, but that's it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok so that means your electronics are working---you either have a bad igniter not drawing at least 3.2 amps, or you have a bad safety gas valve. If you have an amp clamp, check one of the 2 wires going to the glowing igniter and see if it's drawing at least 3.2 amps. If not then replace the igniter, otherwise replace your oven gas safety valve.