S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

My Maytag washer keeps blowing fuses when I pull out the timer

My Maytag washer keeps blowing fuses when I pull out the timer knob. We can't see any burnt or touching exposed wires. What is causing this problem?
Chat Conversation Started
S.E.Thomas :

you never change just the fuse on these washers. when the fuse blows that means that one of the lid switches has gone bad. this is why the fuse is there. it is a safety device. this is a simple fix. just order the lid switch assembly and replace. the part can be found at www.appliancepartspros.com at a discounted price. when yo install the new switch, lid must be closed, slide the new switch to the front untill you hear it click and then go just a fraction more and tighten the screw. to make sure you have it adjusted correctly, lift the lid slowly, it should click when the lid is about 2 inches from closed.

S.E.Thomas :

here is the part number and price