Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Why am I getting a F21 code on my Maytag 3000 series washer?

Customer Question

I have a Maytag 3000 series washer. It is giving me a F21 code. I have checked the drain hose and no problems there. I cannot get the machine to do anything but to add a little more water!! Please help!!

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.

Well F21 means the unit isn't draining, that's why it won't run. You'll need to remove the lower front panel to access the drain catch. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, the panel will pull down and off. Tip the machine backwards at a 45 degree angle and lean it up against a wall or something. You can then unscrews the 3" diameter plastic drain cap directly in the middle of your washer under the tub. Clean the drain catch behind it and try to run a load again. If it still doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the drain pump mounted to the side of the drain catch.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the information. Found one of my son's legos stuck in the impeller!!!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.

Awesome, glad it's back and working again.