Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
i have a Maytag french door refrigerator model #MFI2568AES. This morning the control lights were blinking and the ice door was cycling open and closed. I replaced the mother board but now the control just blinks PE0 000. Now what?
Make: Maytag Model: mfi2568aesAlready Tried: replacing high voltage mother board
Hello,Is the chute door the one your talking about that keeps flapping open and close?
you will need to replace the dispenser board on the door and the part number is ***** and cost about $65 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you.
The problem is the new board needs to be programmed. There is a 4 digit code on the model and serial tag that says what your code is. As for the instructions I will look them up when I get to my home computer in about an hour or so.
Directly from the tech sheet, if you need more help lemme know. The code is on the model serial tag will be 4 digits. Thanks!
NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.
1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .
2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad .
3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.
4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.
5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.
6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the
Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.
NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds.
7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.
8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to select the next digit.
9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.
NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated.
The Programming mode can be exited at any