Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

Blinking control lights on Maytag MFI2568AES french door refrigerator

I have a Maytag french door refrigerator model #MFI2568AES. This morning, the control lights were blinking and the ice door was cycling open and closed. I replaced the mother board but now the control just blinks PE0 000. Now what?

Make: Maytag
Model: mfi2568aes

Already Tried:
replacing high voltage mother board

Is the chute door the one your talking about that keeps flapping open and close?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was. Now with the new circuit board it despenses ice but I cannot select water

you will need to replace the dispenser board on the door and the part number is 67006294 and cost about $65 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought of that first and talked to the guy at the parts dealer. He said they sell hundreds of mother boards but just a few of the dispenser boards. The thing is that replacing the high voltage board has changed the problem. The dispenser door is no longer flaping open and closed and the display is flashing a code. Before, all the lights were flashing and the temp. settings were displayed. The code it is flashing now is PEO OOO.

The guy at the parts store likes to sell the higher price parts and if you want this problem fixed, then you have to replace the part I told you to and they sell a lot more dispenser boards on this model than any main boards.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. Why then has the problem changed with the new board I just replaced. I would like to replace the small one but the ratail price is $105. Add that to the $225 I just spent on the main board it is starting to add up. Does the code that is flashing mean something? If so, why was it not flashing prior to me replacing the main board?

The board costs only about $65 and when you replaced the motherboard it only rebooted the dispenser board and it will start doing it again.

Click here to order online:
http://www.searspartsdirect.c om/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/67006294/0046/464/Model-MFI2568AES/3048/0161000?keySuffixId=&productTypeId=&searchModelNumber=MFI2568AES&blt=06&subCompDesc=LEFT%20REFRIGERATOR%20DOOR%20%28ICE%20&%20WATER%29

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK now I have replaced both circuit boards and have not corrected the problem! That is what I was afraid of. Nothing has changed. Now what?

The problem is the new board needs to be programmed. There is a 4 digit code on the model and serial tag that says what your code is. As for the instructions I will look them up when I get to my home computer in about an hour or so.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks let me know when you get home and find the instructions. I had the feeling I was on a wild goose chase before

Directly from the tech sheet, if you need more help lemme know. The code is on the model serial tag will be 4 digits. Thanks!

Programming Mode:

NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.

1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .

2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad .

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the

Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.

NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated.

The Programming mode can be exited at any

Experience: 10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance