Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
41736587

i have a Maytag french door refrigerator model #MFI2568AES.

Customer Question

i have a Maytag french door refrigerator model #MFI2568AES. This morning the control lights were blinking and the ice door was cycling open and closed. I replaced the mother board but now the control just blinks PE0 000. Now what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Larry and here to try to help you with your problem today / thanks

is the chute door the one your talking about that keeps flapping open and close?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was. Now with the new circuit board it despenses ice but I cannot select water
you will need to replace the dispenser board on the door and the part number is XXXXX and cost about $65 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thought of that first and talked to the guy at the parts dealer. He said they sell hundreds of mother boards but just a few of the dispenser boards. The thing is that replacing the high voltage board has changed the problem. The dispenser door is no longer flaping open and closed and the display is flashing a code. Before, all the lights were flashing and the temp. settings were displayed. The code it is flashing now is PEO OOO.
the guy at the parts store likes to sell the higher price parts and if you want this problem fixed then you have to replace the part i told you too and they sell a lot more dispenser boards on this model than any main boards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Why then has the problem changed with the new board I just replaced. I would like to replace the small one but the ratail price is $105. Add that to the $225 I just spent on the main board it is starting to add up. Does the code that is flashing mean something? If so, why was it not flashing prior to me replacing the main board?
the board only cost about $65 and when you replaced the motherboard it only rebooted the dispenser board and it will start doing it again

click here to order online
http://www.searspartsdirect.c om/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/67006294/0046/464/Model-MFI2568AES/3048/0161000?keySuffixId=&productTypeId=&searchModelNumber=MFI2568AES&blt=06&subCompDesc=LEFT%20REFRIGERATOR%20DOOR%20%28ICE%20&%20WATER%29
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK now I have replaced both circuit boards and have not corrected the problem! That is what I was afraid of. Nothing has changed. Now what?
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 4 years ago.
If you won't leave me negative feedback because of the other tech I will step in and help you out the problem is the new bopard needs to be programmed. There is a 4 digit code on the model and serial tag that says what your code is. As for the instructions I will look them up when I get to my home computer in about an hour or so. If that doesn't work just opt me out and maybe someone else can help faster. I am truly sorry the other tech told you to replace the dispenser board. The hv booard just needs programming. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks let me know when you get home and find the instructions. I had the feeling I was on a wild goose chase before

Directly from the tech sheet, if you need more help lemme know. Please also remember when leaving feedback your leaving it for me not larry. The code is on the model serial tag will be 4 digits. Thanks!

Brandon

Please remember to click accept and leave feedback.

Programming Mode:

NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.

1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .

2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad .

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the

Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.

NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm

Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to

change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to

select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad

until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will

beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been

saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this

process should be repeated.

The Programming mode can be exited at any

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Man. I have guests over right now but I will try that later tonight. I hope it works. When it does i will let you know and accept it.