Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

How do I reset a ge dryer motor

How do I reset a ge dryer motor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. I suspect you may have not gotten the idler positioned so it activates the belt switch, number 237 in the diagram of the blower below. When you installed the belt around the belt tension idler, did you hear the belt switch "click?"

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did that originally, and I tried that again, but still nothing.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Okay, so the switch does click then? If all wires are on the switch and motor, did you plug the door switch wires back in once the front was reinstalled?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just removed that top and all the connection are correct.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a meter to check voltage and/or continuity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not right now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
OKay, well once you get one, test for 240 volts between the outside posts of the terminal block where the cord comes in. Also test the door switch and belt switch for continuity. Let me know the results. Assuming it worked before the belt was replaced, I really suspect the belt switch is involved with your problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Do I just come back to this page to let you know/
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it will be here when you are ready.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I spoke with you last week about my dryer. I figured the problem out. I did not have the tensioner on properly. Once I adjusted it, the problem was solved.

Thanks for your assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Okay, that is what I suspected and advised in my initial post, good job! I am glad you got it fixed and would apprerciate an accept and positive feedback, again good job!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!