John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hi John, thank you for reply to my request for help for my

Customer Question

Hi John, thank you for reply to my request for help for my Kelvinator Cyclic 225 Impression refrigerator. Am not at all sure, as a female, what exactly the compressor unit or where the coil you suggest cleaning is situated. There is a panel at the back of the fridge which could be classed as coil so have dusted those thoroughly and turned the fridge back on. Guess it will take a while for me to discover whether I did the correct thing or not. Thank you again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Hi thanks for the question.

The compressor and the coils are behind that back panel you dusted off remove that and clean the coils its very important to keep those clean.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help. There really is only one problem and that is that all the items in the fridge are freezing up. I will have to find somebody to, first of all move the fridge, take off the back panel, as you have instructed, in order for me to clean those coils.

I imagine this could definitely be the problem in that I have not moved this fridge in seven years, let alone dust and clean up the items you mention.

As soon as this has been done, and the fridge is working normally I will let you know. Am away for a couple of days now, so cannot organise moving the fridge until I return. But will be in touch as soon as possible.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
If its the fridge thats freezing up the compressor coils isn't the problem, check the fridge setting it should be at a lower number the high number opes a damper door to allow more cold air to enter the change the setting and give it six hours to see if it will work ok for you.