Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

I have a EWave microwave oven Model No. KOT-131UB. Can it

I have a EWave microwave oven Model No. KOT-131UB. Can it be used to vent exhaust from the back of the unit to outside. It is presently mounted to the wall so that I can not see the back of the unit. The manual does not tell me anything about this. As it is now, it does not clear enough smoke from the stove top below.
Chat Conversation Started
Justin :

Most over the range microwaves can be rear vented. The user manual and or installation guide should reference this.

JACUSTOMER-xhhonfgm- :

I did not have the installation guide but now I have found a copy at Google and have downloaded it. Yes it can be vented from the back with a standard rectangular duct. Now that I know it is feasible, I can now get someone to help me install a rear exhaust.