Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I called for a Maytag repairman(1800maytag4) got a lot of questions....as

I called for a Maytag repairman(1800maytag4) got a lot of questions....as she signed off..
gave hours to call with about a four hour window on Sat.....but then she hung up....I called at 8:45am.....have a dryer (big noise) sounds like a chain loose.....happened before...I am not happy......have had more trouble with this set since purchase....I am Jo Zumbrunn(Clayton) XXX-XXX-XXXX Bonner Springs [email protected]...reply as soon as possible.....jo

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

the problem is most likely the bower that come loose(very common on Maytag dryers) can you find the entire model # XXXXX the tag on the machine, ? this is and incomplete model #, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
MDE5500AYW
this is your blower wheel.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
this is the one that strips on these and sounds like loud rattling do yo want to repair this yourself? I can send diagrams and instructions if you do, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my husband has tried to get the top off before and cannot so I guess we cannot use your services......thanx anyway....jo

well this is not a huge job and I could walk him through it if you like, I do not understand what you need did you think we are affiliated with Maytag? I'm trying to answer your questions but not sure what you need. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
did you receive my answer......and question on where to buy the part if needed?..jo
sorry you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MDE5500AYW+-%3d%3dc9i516674&PartID=516674 if you need diagrams and instructions let me know i will be glad to help, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay.....but that would be some time to get the part......hoping we could get it at Home Depot. or Lowes......and use your help in installing it......but guess not ....thanx jo
if you have a local appliance repair or parts store nearby you can get it there , its a common problem and everybody carries them, home depot or Lowes however I don't believe will have it but you can call, the part # XXXXX 33001790 Sears has them on their website so calling them may be an option, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In looking at the receipt from two years ago.....the part no was 33001783..not quite matching yours.....so now I am afraid to try and find the right one.......I guess a repairman must be called......we have not got a parts place close......jo
if thats what he put in it was the idler pulley.

Register Here
its unusual for this to go again in two years, does it sound like a rattling or screeching?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No......sounds just like a chain might be connected on one end and the other loose as it goes around......still dries clothes......do you think it would hurt if we still run it and tolerated the noise until fixed...?
you can run it but it may get louder and drive you crazy, I'm 90 % sure its the blower wheel. we replace a lot of these, hope I've been helpful. thanks Bryan