Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do you reset a GE profile dishwasher,I think my grandchild

Customer Question

How do you reset a GE profile dishwasher,I think my grandchild opened the door before the cycle was finish. The soap door will not close to start the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?

And what do you mean the soap door will not close to start the dishwasher? Are you having a problem with your dispenser? Or are you having a problem with the dishwasher not starting?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

GSD4330Z02WW will not start

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
are there any lights on the control panel that are illuminated? Can you switch cycles?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the normal is blinking, when I shut the door,the resey button blinks,then the dishwasher begins to beep.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok so this is a bit of a problem. It means that your sequence switch isn't advancing and is stuck. You'll need to replace the sequence switch inside the door most likely to fix the problem. Below is a link to the part. The flashing normal light is not something you can't just reset unfortunately.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is that the only thing it could be?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately not, it could be bad wiring or even a bad control board, but the flashing normal light indicates that the sequence switch is bad and since you can't test it, that's what you'd need to go with.