Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I need to purchase a combination microwave/oven insert to replace

I need to purchase a combination microwave/oven insert to replace my existing combo Whirlpool Accubake (which came with the house when originally built in 1979) which has blown out recently. I am looking to replace it with something just as reliable. Rather than just repurchasing another Whirlpool considering that technology has improved immensely since then, I want to know what brand and model that I should look to purchase that would provide me with similar reliability.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

well size shouldn't be a problem these are mostly universal size so any brand should fit. you are going to find that todays microwaves are not as durable as the older models, about a five year lifespan, the good news is they have come down in price considerably. you can get a G.E. space maker microwave for around $250.00 at lowes if your not talking about a convection model. these are reliable as any on the market, thats probably your best buy, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a wall mount type Whirlpool Duo which has a microwave on top and a self cleaning oven on the bottom the same way that bunk beds are aligned. If the microwaves tend to burn out within 5 years and since we use our counter top microwave wouldn't it be a better idea to replace our combo with a dual oven (if it exists) or another dual combo? What brand is the most reliable nowadays?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
oh ok, I know the one you have, I would buy a whirlpool double oven to replace this in that case, always nice to have two ovens, I would say whirlpool is still the best.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My house only has electricity. What brand and model double oven would you recommend? How efficent are electric double ovens in terms of their ability to cook and as to their costs to cook versus a gas oven?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well I like the gas ones for efficiency, really though it costs more to install gas lines and tank ,regulator and such, I still recommend Whirlpool though, thanks Bryan