Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The thermostat in my french door refrigerator isnt working

Customer Question

The thermostat in my french door refrigerator isn't working right. The temperature is always close to freezing. Where is the thermostat located and how can I replace it myself? (I'd rather repair it myself than to hire somebody)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you recheck the model #? its not comming up, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I apologize I switched a couple of the letters in the model number. The correct model number is: LFC25760SB
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

thats fine, in your model it has temperature sensors instead of a thermostat. (its electronic) they look like this,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
I will need to wait to get the locations for you the site is down, I should have that later today, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can get me the locations and tell me how to get to the temperature sensors than I should be able to change them. I used to be an electrician so this shouldn't be too hard.

I'll check back tomorrow.

Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
cant locate the sensor from the diagram, but heres the diagram and usually these are up in the control area or along the back towards where the air from the freezer comes into then refrigerator,

Register Here
you will have to look for it, there may be two not sure the diagram doesn't show them, you can order these @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-LFC25760SB+-%3d%3dei1352712&PartID=1352712 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan,

I'm still trying to figure out where the thermostat (sensor), or sensors, are located and how I can replace them. There don't seem to be any screws in the control area at the top, or the air circulation part in the back so I don't even know how to take these apart to look for the sensors.

Could you possibly get me more information about taking apart the control area, as well as where the sensor, or sensors, are located?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
unfortunately LG doesn't give out a lot of info on their products, they do that so you have to call them for service, I cant get the info on the location of the sensors , if you cant find or get to them you may have to call them for service, thats the way they want it . sorry , its just not available, wish I could do more, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay I'll try and figure it out. Thank you for the links.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your welcome Richard, I wish I could do more but the info is just not available, thanks Bryan