Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Duet washer. I got the HF code because the hot

I have a Duet washer. I got the "HF" code because the hot water was not on.... I turned off the washer , turned on the hot water, tried to turn the washer back on... the washer is now flashing the time "58" that is left in the cycle, the door is locked and the drain pump runs.... I unplugged the machine to see if this would reset the washer... no luck.... I tried 2 minutes 5 min ... several hours... still the same..

How do I reset the machine? How do I get the door open?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cannot get the model number until Sunday. Can I write back then?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sure no problem , I'll be on Sunday we can work then. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, so the best I can find on the washer model is it says Duet HT and the receipt model number says GHW9300PW

Hope this helps. I cannot open the door to see the info listed there.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok, F/H,

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

¦ If there is no water in the unit:

-Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned

on all the way.

-Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in

the inlet valves.

-Verify inlet valve operation.

¦ If there is water in the unit:

-Verify drain pump operation.

-Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and

properly connected to tub and pressure switch.

1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.

2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

3. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves,

pressure switch, drain pump, flow meter, and

Central Control Unit (CCU).

4. Check all hoses for possible leaks.

5. Plug in washer or reconnect power

6. Verify pressure switch operation.

7. Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and

measuring the resistance.

8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.

the first thing I would do is check the drain pump trap. remove the panel under the door, (there are three screws way down under near the floor) remove these and pull the panel out and off. then you will see the cap to unscrew and pull trap out. ( get lots of towels ready the will be water) clear any obstructions out of trap and then try to drain this. see if it drains, let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I really don't think this is going to help. I think we just need to reset the unit. The whole reason this occurred is because my husband turned on the machine when the water was turned off and then hit several buttons trying to "fix" the problem. Is there an easy way to do a reset?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

no unfortunately, you really need to check the pump though. if this helps heres the technical sheets on your machine, click this blue link, http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208182277.pdf

this tells us how to check these. read it you may find a way to reset it, or at least run diagnostics. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. i will give this a try. if it works you will defintely get paid! thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok, let me know, what is going on is the machine water level control is tripped thats why you need to clear the pump.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. I opened up the bottom of the washer and found the tech manual that you emailed the link for inside the washer. I figured out how to manually release the door from the directions and took out the load of laundry. Then I looked at the directions and followed how to perform a diagnostic test and by following those was able to reset the washer very easily. All I needed were those directions! There was no need to do anything with the pump.

Now if I can just get the cover back on I will be all set!