Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dear Sir My name is Mr. James. I bought a whirlpool 15,000btu

Dear Sir:
My name isXXXXX I bought a whirlpool 15,000btu air conditioner about 3 yrs ago in the middle of a heat spell at Lowes in Chicago, but did not follow up with product registration. It failed to work, to cool the room down because of compressor or perhaps switching problems. It comes on but doesn't blow out any air at all and then it shuts down by it self and resumes, as if it's trying to restart again and again. But, with each shut down, when the current dissipates there is a heavy surge which sounds as if its about to damage something further.
I might not have warranty coverage etc., so what I would like to have is a list of technicians in my zip code 60660, in Chicago, where I might be able to call in a repair service. I bought the unit at Lowes 3601 W. Toughy Ave. Lincolnwood Tel(NNN) NNN-NNNNbut they don't have a list of service providers and they suggested I contact you.

ok let me get some info for you, I'll be back in a while thanks Bryan

ok, this sounds like a compressor problem which whether you registered the product or not its covered for 5 years , what you will need to do is click this link to schedule an appointment with a factory authorized service tech, they will send one from you area, here the link, you can do it on line or

(866)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>
Mon-Fri: 8am - 10pm (EDT)
Sat: 12pm - 5pm (EDT)

it must be done through whirlpool, hope this info helps, thanks Bryan