Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am not sure if I am asking the right department so I hope

I am not sure if I am asking the right department so I hope you can help or steer me in the right direction. I have a garbage disposal that normally runs really well but now it is making this errrrr... stalled motor sound and doesn't run. It did this the other day and I reset the button on the bottom and unplugged and plugged back in and it was fine but now it is doing it again the prior fix isn't working.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the make and model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

All I can see it says is: In sink erator Div Emerson Electric CO Model #333/ss-39

115 vts HP 1/2 Amps. 6.7 hz 60

ok well this is an inexpensive model to replace and the problem is the motor is failing , this you can not replace, it best to replace the unit itself, they don't sell the motor assembly for this, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you sure the motor has failed? When it did this the other day and I hit the reset button it ran fine like always with no noises or indications that the motor was failing. Won't there be warning signs?
if it happened again and theres nothing in there jamming this up its the motor, the only thing the reset does is reset the motor, there doesn't have to be warning signs. thanks Bryan