Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Why does my dryer take like three times to do the drying my

Why does my dryer take like three times to do the drying my owed dryer did in one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

are your sure you cleaned the vent all the way out , ? the pipe is clear and flowing good outside? strong?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes totally can't understand why this thing even brand new which was a year or so ago has been such a pain in my buttt. I have to dry things 3 times to get it dry. I have no patience now with it . We have cleaned it out when it was brand new and still its not worth the name of a Roper. I have had this product before thats why I purchased it now but I'm ready to sell it and get something else.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
are you running this in timed dry or automatic?, have you tried drying a load with the vent completely off the dryer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't have a timer on the machine I run it full load each time becaue it won't be dry, why would I take the vent off the dryer that would heat my house right. please explain.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well I just want you to try it without the vent connected for one load just to see if it drys,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok please be very informative in you answer the vent which is what goes out side is that what you are asking me to take off. If not would you please give me a step by step instrucion.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes the one that goes outside and connect to the back of the dryer its a 4" vent , not sure what kind you have, it metal, flexible aluminum . or plastic? whatever it is take it right off the dryer itself and try one load to see if it drys.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes that is close to it. But ths is gonna fix the problem?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well it will tell me if its in the dryer or a vent issue,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok went out and checked the vent outside then had the honey to take the vent off and the flow was almost the same really.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok try the load with it off and reply back and let me know, I think you may have a bad cycling thermostat. Part 2893let me know and I'll reply back with all the info on changing this in the morning, thanks Bryan