Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a GE gas range 5 top burners,sealed, purchased approx

Have a GE gas range 5 top burners,sealed, purchased approx 6 mths ago. last week after burners ignited started hearing a pitched sound from any burner ,and today also started hearing the same from the oven burner. Pulled from the wall to make sure valve was on completely ok, but can hear the pitched sound at back of range also. Could it be the range valve or should I call the utility to check their pressure??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

this could be a problem at the gas pressure street level (utility company) this may also be a bad gas regulator in the range itself which would be covered under the warranty, i would first have your gas company check the street pressure and if it is ok call G.E. and have them check the range, theres no reason you should have to attempt a fix yourself, hope this info is useful, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX going to call the gas co. First to make sure things are ok on their side. I will get back to you when
Iget their results
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
no problem ,there could be air in the lines also. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BRYAN,

iHAVE THE GAS CO. SCH. TO COME UOT TOMORROW TO CK.THE PRESSURE AT THE RANGE. Today however the whisleling noise stopped as of now,buy it has done this previously. If the pressure is ok Iassume Iwill have to get the gas valve on the range replaced?? What part do I look for if that is the problem ??

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
its hard to say, ask the gas company if theres a chance there was air in the lines, as far as the range goes you will need service on that, G.E. has a one year warranty on their appliances so don't play with the range itself they may void the warranty, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.