Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi, Suddenly for some reason, my washing machine decided

Suddenly for some reason, my washing machine decided not to shut the water off after the filling the tub at the rinse cycle....Threw the wash in before going to bed last night and found water all over the floor this AM.... Any thoughts as to the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The model # XXXXX XXXXX

Hope this helps

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok can you put this on small load level and let it fill to see if it shuts off on small load? if it doesn't shut the machine of and see if it stops, let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok will let y ou know

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok just keep an eye on it if it gets to high shut it off, if that doesn't work turn the water off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I let the water go and I turned the knob to the spin cycle. Even after the water was emptied, the was water still slowly flowing into washer. Mind you, the water flow is never real strong.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , did you have to shut the water off to stop it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you need to replace the water valve in the machine, this isn't shutting tightly after its full, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MAV6257AWW-%3d%3dei1063699&PartID=1063699 its right where your hoses connect, this will fix the problem, thanks Bryan