Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

we just purchased a home in florida. we have the whirlpool

we just purchased a home in florida. we have the whirlpool duet ht washer & dryer,
the washer does not go thru it's cycles. it goes thru the wash , & then i have to maually
put it on rinse and manually spin & drain. model # XXXXX serial #cst1904236,
serial # XXXXX we do not have a manual , is there a website from where i can print it.
but mainly is there a recall on the above problem ?, is it expensive to fix.?. my husband could put the part in? & where do i get the part(website?) is it covered under warranty date on the washer 12/20/2006.
thank you. i apprecaite any help you can give me

Lee Ferrara [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

the problem is with the CCU central control unit, this however is not under warranty I don't believe, your husband could do this repair himself however, its part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNand its right under the top (take the screws out along the back holding the top) and this is mounted on the right side top right behind the control panel. you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/p art-number/Whirlpool-Parts/Washer-Parts/8182697/0026/110/Model-GHW9400PW4/1198/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GHW9400PW4&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11 thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

WE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE THE CCU. BUT I WANTED TO KNEW HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO INSTALL & MAYBE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL OR THE WEBSITE FOR THE MANUEL. WE KNIEW EVERYTHING YOU SAID EXCEPT THE PART NUMBER. IS THERE A MANUAL I CAN PRINT? I DON'T THINK THE ANSWER WAS WORTH $28.00

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
, heres a video if that helps. this shows you how to remove, and replace the CCU, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8GHidSYQlA hope this answers your question, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
it seems you havent pressed the grenn accept button yet, try pressing the green accept button. thanks and well wishes, Bryan