John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a comfort glow model number MD100TBE serial number 4323043. The

I have a comfort glow model number MD100TBE serial number(NNN) NNN-NNNN
The bottom of the battery cavity in the ignitor system is covered with acid that leaked from the battery. It has solidified. So my ignitor does not work.
Can I clean out the solidified acid? If so, how?
Can I get a replacement part"? It is a black rectangular box which I can re-wire if I have a new box.
Please advise.
ted kurtz
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

The best way to remove the acid residue is the soak it with a baking sode paste for 30 minutes, and wash off with warm water. With any luck the actual contacts can be sanded of with fine sandpaper, and the fuse holder can be reused. Before replacing the batteries, smear a bit of petroleum jelly on the ends. If you need to replace the whole box, you can find them at electronics stores such a RadioShack.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The acid is at the bottom of the battery compartment. Are you suggesting that I make a paste and push it down to the bottom, then rinse with water?

How do I sand the "floor" of the battery compartment?

Can I really get a replacement at radio shack? Wouldn't I have to get a replacement part from comfort glow/desatech?

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
My apology. It sounded like you had access to the area. Will you please send me the brand name and the model number of the unit, so I can get parts information for you?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Please disregard my last post. I see that you included the information in your question.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I can't find parts information for your heater on the internet. Comfort Glow does not publish it there. Their parts information number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN