Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore washer model #26922503 I replaced the clutch

I have a kenmore washer model #26922503 I replaced the clutch assembly. When it is in spin mode and I open the top the drum coasts to a stop and then I hear a clicking noise like something is slipping. The parts I removed underneath are all looking good. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

when you say a clicking noise what do you mean? when the lid id open and after it stops leaving the lid open you hear a clicking? when the lid is open the motor is stopped correct?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The drum doesn't stop right away, it coasts then I hear noise like the brake hasn't worked and something unseen is still spinning.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how long does this last? its most likely the brake assembly causing this, Part 1254, this is what stops the drum, . even after the drum stops you hear this noise?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, noise continues for a second or 2 after drum stops. i viewed an appliace repair video and it showed a similar problem and said it might be the basket drive block that was bad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
oh, yes that could be what going on, there is a spanner nut on the basket that may be loose, it tightens the tub to the drive block, Part 2858Part 3324pull the agitator and you will see this. check and see if the tub itself is loose,