John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am getting error code SE on my Samsung dishwasher. Help

Customer Question

I own a Samsung dishwasher Model #  DMR77LHS. I get an SE error code (drain problem). I checked all of my drain lines, no kinks or blockage and now I have the dishwasher drain line running straight to my disposal. The dishwasher starts okay up through the wash cycle. After about 15 minutes the dishwasher starts to drain and then shuts down with the SE error code. The machine does not run any more after that. I can clear the SE error code and try it all over again with the same result. I took the machine to an appliance shop. The technician said he ran it through all the cycles, but said the error code still comes up. It's hard for me to understand that if the tech could run it through all the cycles, I think he's not being truthful with me.

My question is: Should I try and get this problem fixed at an authorized Samsung Repair shop or just don't waste my time and buy another more reliable product. It seems when I Google for Samsung dishwashers I get very poor reviews for this product. I hate throwing good money after bad equipment.

Thanks for you time.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Is this a new hook-up to the disposal?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I replaced my sink and garbage disposal within the past year. And yes, I removed the blank from the disposal before hooking up the drain line. I decided to hook directly to it (garbage disposal) yesterday when I wanted to make sure it was not a drainage issue. I had the same result. The dishwasher seems to time out when not enough water is drained out during a given time.

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Did you put an air gap in the drain hose meaning is there like a loop in there?

Does the water go down good in the disposal?

Thanks