John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dish washer(Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1) Will not work. The

My dish washer(Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1) Will not work. The clean lite just blinks 7 times and the posess then blinks 7 times and so on and so on.????????????? How mite I remedy this (FIX IT)??????

The blinking "clean light" is a common problem with some of the Kenmore and Whirlpool models dishwashers. The problem is usually attributed to water supply temperatures being too low when filling. Apparently, there are some issues with the temperature sensing circuits in some dishwashers that causes an error code to be generated if a certain water temperature is not achieved in a specified time interval (this time may differ between models). There is a reset sequence that you can try to clear the fault. Push the NORMAL WASH then HEATED DRY buttons in that sequence two to three times. The unit will enter diagnostics mode, but can be stopped by pressing the CANCEL button. This will clear any existing faults and should return the dishwasher to normal operation.

To keep the fault from returning, it is recommended that you run your hot water faucet in the kitchen until it runs hot BEFORE you start the dishwasher. This will heat the water in the supply line for the dishwasher (most dishwashers are fed from the kitchen sink supply line). The theory is that if you fill the dishwasher with hot water from the start of the wash cycle instead of the cool water that is normally in the lines (especially if you have a hot water tank located far away from the kitchen), this should satisfy the requirements of the temperature sensing circuits. If the fault reappears, there should be a tech sheet located inside the lower panel under the door that explains what the fault is. The flashing light will be a series of flashes, followed by a pause. If you indeed have a component problem, it will depend on the number of flashing lights in the sequence. Refer to the tech sheet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am fixing up the house after renting it so I can live there my self. The dish washer went on the fitz at the same time the water heater ellament went out. Thats what the renter told me. I fixd the water heater( It is only 6 or 7 Feet from the sink foset 8 feet max taking in acount suply line lenth) and left the dish washer unfixed do to the renter had two weeks befor vakating ( the leis was up and I needed them out so I could get the place ready for me to move in). Your answer had me put tow and two togerther and the Fact that the renter Eat all my aplliance manuals I had in a drowr and the battom plate to the dish washer. Thats all I could think happend. Way whould The renter throw out my manuals and pull the plate off the bottum of the dish washer and hide it from me? LOL! I will buy a new bottun plate and install it. I have fixed the washer, dryer, water heater, 3 windows, repased 5 doors 3 interer and 2 exterer, all the dry wall in one room. repaced one garage door 7' by 9' and now I am geting info together in hopes to fix the furnas. Wow renters, she anly lived the one year. Try to help a freind out and no good deed ever go's un punnished. Thanks for all your help! I will be out to work on the house in two days. I am shouwer you answer is on the money. Thanks again!
Ive heard horror stories about renters I will never rent out not even the outhouse LOL.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got out to the house today. Your fix was on the money! Thanks again. Have to fix the furnes now. If I ask four help for that? Do i have to put more money in my account for the answers? I can read blue prints, wiering scamatic, and manuals but have a herd time with falowing and navigating web sites( all the rulls and regs ).I have all the info ( what happend to it, all the part # XXXXX and modal, and my dieg nostis on all the parts). Thanks again!

Thanks and God Bless.

Did you loose the info I sent you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can bilud a PC from the gruond up but have trubal operating one do to my Disabilety. I have all the info you sent me Printed out.What info am I to look at or for?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have fixed the dish washer using your answer. it is all good and working fine. This is a diferent appliance. I think Each qwstion I ask on each appliance is diffrent and each answer I accept is to be payed for corret!?????
Whats the problem.make and model number please.