John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

my kenmore elite refrigerator is buzzing or humming noise which

stop when we open the... Show More
stop when we open the doors or the freezer draw and when we on plug it? is my motor?
Category: Appliance
replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Is the freezer cold enough and can you feel frost on the panel that the fan motor is mounted, also send me the model number please.

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

refrigerator is cold 42 degrees and a little frost

model number 795.77579600

John, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-79577579600/0583/0161000/K0810112/00002?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

The number 404a is the fan motor , you have to remove that back panel to see if the fan is hitting ice or its a noisy motor.

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
he already pulled the panel off the motor is not hitting anything it sounds like it is coming from the compressor side?
Did you pull the fridge out to see if it isn't the fan motor at the back by the compressor.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

he pulled the fridge out and took the back panel off,the fan does not appear to be making the noise, we opened the door the noise stopped but the fan kept going

The only other motor in the freezer is in the ice maker , there is a damper motor in the fridge where you set the fridge temp it could be coming from there its hard to say really from here .
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
so should we call in a repair man/ would changeing the temp on the fridge help
I really don't think you need to call for service just now anyway , I don't think its a major problem, if it gets worse then you can maybe find the noise easier.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
what should the temp be on the fridge and the freezer
The perfect temps are zero in the freezer if you don't keep ice cream -5 if you do the fridge side 36 to 37 is perfect.